Thursday 6 December 2012

50 Cent - My Life

50 Cent released his new single, “My Life” featuring Eminem and Adam Levine back on November 26th, and the record skyrocketed to the top of the iTunes charts in less than 24 hours, surpassing Rihanna’s “Diamonds,” and Korean rapper Psy’s “Gagnam Style.”Now, 50 Cent speaks on the success of the record and says it has potential to be a crossover hit. Fif also addresses the possibility collaborative album with Eminem.

   
During a recent interview , 50 Cent spoke on the success of “My Life,” and it’s potential to be a crossover hit.

50 explains:

    This is a rap record, this should be played on urban and rhythmic radio. At the same time, the tones that Adam actually brought to the record and Em’s notoriety on Top 40—when it comes to the radio—makes it something that should be played on every single format.

50 said he didn’t plan on making a crossover record:

    It was organic really, because I wanted to do a song with Adam [Levine] as a fan of his actual vocal ability. I talked about Adam in 2002, before anyone knew who [Maroon 5] was. [He] heard me talking about him when I was actually on my promo tour. He never forgot it. When I actually met him we talked about it and he was like “Yo we heard [your support back then].”



50 Cent - My Life printable sheet music - CLICK HERE



As the interview continued, 50 spoke on the possibility of a collaborative album with Eminem:

    I like the idea of [a joint album with Eminem]. Creatively you’d have to split the record though. I’d have to go make records that I’m excited about, he’d have to make records that he’s excited about, while we both work ‘em in and make it together. I think that’s the way to do it for us creatively. I’m not sure it’d be the same record if we sat in the same room and produced the record each song.

50 spoke on making time for the album:

    It’d be something we’d have to [work out]. I don’t think there was time to do Watch the Throne, I think [Kanye West and Jay-Z] made time for it. We gotta’ make time, because there’s never a dull moment, there’s never a point that there’s nothing going on.

50 Cent’s forthcoming album, Street King Immortal is slated for a February 26th, 2013 release.

No comments:

Post a Comment